Friday, May 1, 2009

Finally May!

I was able to talk to Ethan via Skype this afternoon. They made it to Frankfurt and are there in a hotel. Ethan said that Caleb traveled like a champ; he said on a scale of 1 to 100, he was a 100. Also, Caleb has been apparently eating nonstop since he left Petro. I was able to see Caleb in the hotel room and of course I cried when I saw my little guy, but I am so happy that he is doing well and the trip home is going smoothly for them! Their plan today is to go to the Frankfurt zoo and out to eat. They will leave Frankfurt around 7 am (Eastern Time) and are to arrive in Atlanta at 4 pm Saturday afternoon.

We are doing fine back here in Petro. Julia slept from 7pm to 8:45 this morning! We went out today to a festival they are having in the town today with Dave and Jocelyn and then went out to lunch. The day has gone by quickly and we are enjoying our one on one time. Tonight a group of Americans are coming over to play cards. I did hear from our agency that we should know my return home date sometime early next week. I e mailed them yesterday just to remind them that I am still here, in case they forgot. I do have Julia's birth certificate and adoption decree in hand. Even though it is in Russian, it is still nice to know that it is in hand. I have included a picture of those as well as a couple of photos I took around town today. Thank you all for the prayers that are being lifted up on our behalf and the sweet encouraging words. They are such a blessing to all of us.

2 comments:

  1. You all are so close to the surface of my thoughts ~ I wake in the night and you right there, so I pray and pray.
    This is the verse I am "camping" on from Psalm 91:
    For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;
    they will lift you up in their hands..
    Psalm 91 was the Psalm of my heart when Ethan was in Africa. It has become dear to me once again as I pray it for all of you.
    With much love ~ Mom C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary- we were in the Atlanta airport today right when Ethan and Caleb were landing! I knew we wouldn't see them, since they were probably in customs and we were about to leave for Chatt., but I hoped for a mini-reunion. That big travelling boy Caleb- I'm so proud. I hope the Frankfurt to Atlanta flight was also a 100.
    We are home now, and you and Julia will be soon too. Can't wait! Bring on that baby girl!!!! Oh, and you too (ha ha). Love ya'll- travelling mercies!
    Ginger + Jon

    ReplyDelete