Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 20..HOME!

So, we finally made it home as schedule May 14. The flight was long and a bit hard. Julia slept the first 3 hours and last 3 hours of the 24 hour long trip (6 hour layover in Frankfurt). She never really cried, just wanted to play and people watch. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time we got home. But, in retrospect, I was so thrilled to be in the USA, that it did not really matter that I had only slept 3 hours in 48 hours. So, we have been back for almost a week now and Caleb and Julia are doing great and we are loving being a family of four. I am so thankful for the little things in life now, like a dishwasher, washing machine, endless towels, hard wood floors, AC, English, friendly people and the list goes on and on. Thanks to each and everyone of you who prayed us home. The trip was long and trying, but the hand of God was with us every step of the way. I am thankful for the two gifts from Him from the other side of the world and I am filled with thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing journey! Praising the Lord for His faithfulness! We are thrilled and can't wait to meet Julia!
    Love,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to know that you are in Chattanooga! We will have to meet and let the kids play this summer! Thanks for commenting on our blog! Congratulations on your adoption of Julia. I know you are so glad to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops I just realized you've been home from Kaz for a year! Sorry I thought you had just returned!

    ReplyDelete