Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May 5...Waiting

I just wanted to put out a quick update. Ethan and Caleb made it home safe and sound Saturday afternoon at 4pm. Caleb has transitioned quickly to being home and is sleeping mostly through the night. He has been thrilled to be home and see his family and friends. He is now cleaning up his room when asked and sleeping in a big boy bed. Next, potty training!
Julia and I remain in Petro. Her passport came in yesterday (Monday) which was ahead of schedule I think. Today they are filing the passport with the immigration police. I was hoping to have a departure date by now, and for a short while really thought it would be earlier than the projected "worst case scenario" date of May 16. But, as of now (3pm on Tuesday afternoon) I am waiting for a phone call or e mail to let me know when I can leave. Please continue to pray as this last leg of the journey has be frustrating as I am tired and ready to have our family together at home. On the bright side Julia is doing beautifully, she is smiling and laughing all the time. She stands on her own and will take a step every now and then. Therefore, I do not regret my decision to stay with her as I feel it was the right choice. But would like to be home at some point. I will keep everyone posted as to when my departure date will be when I am told.

4 comments:

  1. I have not given up praying for an earlier return date. Nothing is impossible with God. He will give you strength to make it to the end of this journey.
    You have made the right decision to stay with your daughter.
    Your children will rise up and call you blessed.
    Love and prayers ~ Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have not given up on praying either. we are still praying for you as you are on the frontlines of this battle to bring julia home and be family. i am as excited as ever for you and the progress/bonding and special moments you are sharing with julia. may god give you much peace and comfort, know too, you have not been forgotten. i love you very much sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's praying that Julia's first steps symbolize a step towards the two of you coming home to your family. We love you all, and won't cease praying for your speedy and safe return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caleb came to the Barn today with Pipa and it was so sweet to put a big kiss on that shaved little head of his. He looks great although a bit sleepy and was ready for lunch.. PBJ... Your Mom came in too and we are shared our excitement about the end in sight. Stay strong Mary. You inspire us all !! love Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete