Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 9 The Sun is Shining!








So, I have to say that I am elated today! Tomorrow I leave for Almaty at 1pm. I am packing and have tears in my eyes, I NEVER thought this day would come. This journey seems so long, even though it has only been 2 months. When we came to Petro, the snow was 2 or 3 feet deep and now, the sun is shining and the trees are starting to bud. Today was Victory Day in Kazakhstan. They are celebrating their(USSR) battle against the Germans in WW2. Everyone was out on the street today. There was food, babies in snowsuits (85 degrees) and of course dancing. Not my little Julia, I had her in a long sleeve shirt and I decided that was good enough. I got a lot of looks, but I decided I did not care, it was too warm for her to be in a snowsuit. So, tonight I am going out to dinner with the American families here for a final farewell, an Uzbekistan meal. I think I am going to go vegetarian. So, we are ready to say good by to Petro and hello to Almaty, one step closer home!
I included some pictures taken around town today. Notice they paint the bottom of the trees, it is purely to make them look "pretty", but they don't ever plant grass?? Oh,and the wedding dresses I found at a indoor shopping area.

5 comments:

  1. Our hearts and prayers are soaring today! We can't really express how much we want you to be home with your family all together. Be well, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! This next week is going to fly by! Happy travles! Oh - your hair looks so cute!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the pictures that you have posted recently. Wow, painted trees! That's a first for me. LOL! Julia's smile is just adorable. I am beyond thrilled for you as you are packing today! What incredible news!!! Will be praying for all of the plane flights and for you to make some more great memories as you journey home. Can't wait to see you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipee !!!! We are all so anxious to be together. Everyone is praying for you and Julia as you make this leg of the journey at last and will be happy and relieved once you both are on American soil!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! So so so excited! So happy for the sunshine. I cannot imagine the mixed emotions you must be feeling. I hope you feel the warmth of our love and can now see the light at the end of this very long journey. We cannot wait for God to delivery you and Julia home to be a fam Collier! May you have much peace and comfort, may packing and gathering and traveling go smoothly. I will continue to pray for you and lil' sweet j.

    ReplyDelete